Sunday, September 23, 2012

ME4Y Gatefold Card

Welcome to another ME4Y challenge card. This week
we are making Gatefolded cards. I had never made one of
these before but I will again. I love them. 
For this card I used a 5 1/2 X 7 1/2. The standard A2 card
just wasn't big enough to use my Butterfly. The card stock
 I used was from my Citris collection with the matching striped
paper. I added some black swirly bling for that touch of POP.
As you can see, I cut my gate 4 1/2 X 4 1/2 from the same
Citris bundle in Blue then turned a coordinating striped blue
sideways. Layered that with a paper doily. My butterfly
is from Sizzix Butterfly die. After cutting it I ran it through
my Dotted Swiss embossing folder.
 I used silk flower for the center of the Butterfly 
and place a bow to hid the stem.
The sentiment was cut with a Martha Stewart flower
punch, centered with a scalloped edged circle with
"sending Smiles" as the sentiment.
I like to add a little something on the inside of my card
to bring it all together. In this case it's more bling.
Final look of my card for this challenge.
As always I hope you will join us for this weeks Gatefolded card challenge.
I'll be looking for you :)

This weeks sponsor is
for a $15.00 Gift Certificate.






2 comments:

  1. like the card and the butterfly image you add to it..i wish to make matching Gift Card envelopes if i got time..thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty Pam, love the butterfly and all of the bling!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving some love.

I design for