Wednesday, March 28, 2012

sketchbook-saturday-challenge-52

Such a fun card to make. I love butterflies so this sketch was the
perfect time to show them off. Here is the sketch.



And here is my card

Once again I hit my scrap sack and found this really neat looking yellow paper that
had these blue leaves that reminded me of Butterflies. I used my small dots embossing folder for the
bottom half of my card.

To separate the two I used my Martha Steward Butterfly trim punch, made a strip
from yellow scrap paper. For the butterflies I used my Cricut cart "Picturesque" to cut
them at 1 1/2". I used Tim Holtz tumble glass Distressed Ink around the edges of my
butterflies, which brought out the blue in the paper. I then place a glass jewel in the center of the
butterfly for a splash of bling. The sentiment is just one of my many stamps.

Here is a shot of the card laying down so you can see how I bent the wings upward to
give them the look of flying. I hope you enjoy my card, and so stop by again for
another scrappinfab day.



3 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL CARD, Pam. I'm hoping you'll be happy that I am one of your newest followers, and here's why ...

    YOU are the lucky winner of my Bunnies and Blossoms Blog Hop for Special Needs Kids, where 30+ fab women made banners for medically fragile children. The prize -- as you picked it -- is a Cricut Cozy Cover announcing that you're the winner. I know you said you like surprises, but if you're curious I will be posting a picture of it (just sewn!!) on my blogsite today. CONGRATULATIONS!!

    ... Please send me your mailing address and I'll get it right out to you! You may reach me here:

    Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
    http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com
    E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pretty! Love those butterflies :o) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! A girl can never have too many butterflies on her cards... lol!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving some love.

I design for