Friday, January 20, 2012

PSC15: Birthday Embossing Resist

This is my first attempt at doing the  Embossing Resist technique. It took me a couple of times to master the ink blending but I love how the card turned out. Background is from my DCWV Floral stack. I took a piece of old white lace that I had and placed 3 white pearls in the corner to blend with the white Birthday sentiment.
Using my Sizzix and Tim Holtz floral dies, I layered several colors together to make this beautiful little flowerette with a pink ribbon and topped with a blue button to put alittle pop in the corner.
For the Birthday sentiment I used white Bazzill to stamp my sentiment on using white embossing powder. My colors are from my Paintbox Ultimate Inkpad. Once I got the background blended I used the same ink pad with my Dots pansy stamp to make my background design using the darker colors on the pad.
For the inside, I used the same floral paper from the front with a white square trimmed with my Victorian Fishars Paper edgers and added 3 little pearls to finish it off. I hope you like my take on this challenge.

5 comments:

  1. What a pretty card! The embossing looks great. :) Thanks for joining us this week at The Perfect Sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far I am not having good luck trying this technique out, but your card is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandee. It took me several tries before I got what I was looking for. Keep trying and you'll get it.

      Delete
  3. I love this technique! You did a great job. So glad you played with us @ Perfect Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at The Perfect Sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving some love.

I design for